Wednesday 30 April 2014

Polish Party: Inspired By another Party Member

Hi everyone,
So Aprils prompt for the Polish Party is Inspired by another Polish Party Member. This prompt has been on nominated a couple of times now (each month be vote for a design) and this month it won the vote. As soon as I saw this I knew I couldn't miss this prompt out, so I took a little break from revision to do some nail art! I knew exactly which member I was going to choose too: Emily from Nailsxo

Emily creates really great designs and has recently started to do tutorials too. I decided to follow her Framed/Border Nail Art tutorial (see it here).
Here's my recreation following Emily's tutorial:


I used Barry M Gelly Guava and Barry M Matt White



I decided to go for a colour scheme of blue and white, because the colours work really well together.
























Here is a closer look:


Overall, I really love this design. The accent nail works really well and Guava is such a pretty nail polish! These nails are really simple but they stand out so much!
 Sorry about the clean up by the way-I painted these whilst on a revision break so I didn't have much time!
Don't forget to check out everyone else's designs!

What do you think of this design?
Let me know what you think
Jayna
:)


11 comments:

  1. This is very creative! I might try it but it's not going to look as neat haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jasmine! I'm sure yours will be neat! :)

      Delete
  2. Fun border design on the nails!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow thank you so much Jayna! This made my day! It's so good to know that my tutorials are actually helpful :D ! I love doing them! Your nails look so so pretty I can't get over how nice the colour combination is!

    You will never guess who I picked for my inspiration :p ! My post will be up in about an hour; I wrote it all out and my laptop battery ran out of charge and didn't save it :( not fun! So I have to do it all again!

    Anyway thank you again I'm sooo happy to have inspired you!! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww no problem Emily! Thank you! I loved your design and as soon as I saw it I knew I had to recreate it! Ooh, I've just had a look at your post now and I love it too! :)

      Delete
  4. Oh wow. *blinks* I like it, but find it kind of hard to look at. Like those magic-eye pictures or something. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lizzy! I see what you mean haha! ;)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you - I love the blue nail polish too! :)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I read every comment and reply to each one, but please do not post your blog link after your comment - these comments will be deleted. If you do want me to have a look at your blog you can send me an email at TheSequinedNail@gmail.com
:)

Related Posts Plugin