Wednesday 30 July 2014

Polish Party: Recreaction

Hi everyone,
So today's polish party theme is very exciting: Recreating the first design we ever published on our blogs! I've only been blogging for a year and a half but looking back at the photo of my first design I cannot believe how far I have come! This was the first design I ever created, I had somehow stumbled across WAH Nails and fell in love with their POW nails. I went out and bought a Models Own Nail Art Pen in Black and created this design. I was so happy with the outcome! Here's the design:  


You can read the original post here.
And here is my recreation:


What a difference! I used the exact same purple (Max Factor Diva Violet) but this time I used Sinful Colors Snow Me White and Avon Nailwear Pro+ in Licorice.













As you can see I have improved a lot since I first created that design. My nails are shorter and more uniform (especially my thumb!) and my cuticles aren't flooded! My photographs are better too - no black background and I have a better watermark too! There is still room for improvement though - I think my photographs still aren't perfect and my nail art can still be improved too!
Here are the 2 designs together:


Here is a closer look at my thumbnail:


Overall I'm really happy with my recreation. My nail art has improved a lot since I started this blog and hopefully in the future it will get even better!
Don't forget to take a look at everyone else's designs!

What do you think of this design?
Do you think my nail art has improved?
Let me know what you think
Jayna 
:)


23 comments:

  1. Love the polka dots and that pow image is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so cool! And yes, what a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really fun! Your first design is in no way bad, but I can see your improvement, you must be really proud at the progress :)! It's cool looking back at old photos :D. I wanted to take part this month but yet again I haven't had time :( I think I need to work on my time management :p xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much Emily! Aww that's a shame :( Hopefully you'll be able take part next month! :)

      Delete
  4. Oh I thought I commented here before but apparently it didn't go through! (boo Blogger) Anyway, I think you improved a lot, but I already love how your first design looks! My first nail arts were absolutely awful but yours looks good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - it really annoys me when that happens! Thank you Robin - I bet yours weren't bad at all! :)

      Delete
  5. So cool!! I love the new "POW", but I think I like the odd shaped dots better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lizzy! Yeah, I see what you mean about the spots! :)

      Delete
  6. Great recreation! Nice to see it in exactly the same colour. I think your painting overall has improved, but your first one was pretty good in the first place x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yeah, I think my painting is a lot better now! :)

      Delete
  7. Cute, this reminds me of a POW necklace I own

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! Love that purple!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really big difference! And I love this nail art it looks just so cool! Great job!
    Have a lovely day, kisses
    Christine G ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, I’ve nominated you for the sunshine blogger award on my blog ;)
    I don’t know if you take part in blogger collaborations but I wanted to share this with you!
    By the way, I love your blog! The layout looks stunning <3
    Xoxo Julia

    ReplyDelete
  11. This nail art looks great! I love all these colors together :)

    Xx julia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahh the difference is amazing! I love that colour of purple too - so pretty!

    What a great theme! Mine should be up soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lauren! Ooh I'll have to have a look! :)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I read every comment and reply to each one, but please do not post your blog link after your comment - these comments will be deleted. If you do want me to have a look at your blog you can send me an email at TheSequinedNail@gmail.com
:)

Related Posts Plugin